Sunday, March 4, 2018

tattoo additions


Finally, had those additions, I've wanted, on my first tattoos, completed. 

My guardian god is Thunor; that's the Anglo-Saxon for what most people know as Thor. And no he is NOT the one portrayed in comics and movies! He's the real thing! 

Two years ago I had a bracelet with a þunor's hammer tattoo. Now I have his greeting, in Anglo-Saxon (Old English)!  

Wes þú hāl þunor    

 Wassail! be you healthy and whole, þunor

When I RETURNED to my ancestral gods and goddesses of Northwest Europe, before they were forced to become Christians, I was drawn to those early tribes of the island known today as England, particularly the tribes of the Angles and Saxons. The language that we know today as Old English is Anglo-Saxon. I know several of the ancient gods and goddesses of those tribes. þunor is my protector God. 

Along with my love of them I have learned more, via my practice of yoga, about the ancient gods and goddesses of Hinduism and Buddhism. 

My other tattoo is the Sanskrit of OM...the sound of the universe! My logic of having both the OM and the Hammer is...I am ONE with the universe and if there are obstacles in my way of staying calm then I just reach for my Thor's Hammer and smash them, thereby staying calm and one with the universe!  

Over time, I've become very fond of Lakshmi, goddess of peace, harmony and plenty. I have her picture on both my computers! as well as other places. I chant her mantra, using the mala-beads (prayer beads) I made just for her. 

Om Shreem Maha Lakshmi Namaha 

to know more see these sites 






No comments:

Post a Comment

sacred energy